Wednesday, March 28, 2012

updateprogress panel for onLoad Event

I am creating a dashboard where I have four quadrants on the page. Each quadrant show data for a sql query. When the page loads I fire off all four queries to retrieve the data. I want to be able to show a progress indicator graphic inside of each quad as the data is retrieved and then rendered. How do I get the graphic to display in each quad as the page is loading?

Hi Joee,

UpdateProgress only shows during an asynchronous postback. In your situation, it won't be shown because it is a synchronous post back only. So we should add four UpdatePanel and its associated UpdateProcess to the page. When the page is shown, we force the four UpdatePanels be refreshed with the datas obtained from Database. To refresh the UpdatePanel, we should use __doPostBack("UpdatePanel's ClientID",""); or fire its trigger.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jonathan


Jonathan, do I use JavaScript for the __doPostBack() and do I just put that in the head of the page?


Hi Joee,

joee:

do I use JavaScript for the __doPostBack()

Yes, but not the only way. You can put a hidden button which is the trigger of the four UpdatePanels and use Javascript to fire its click event. Also , we have other similar ways.

I hope this help.

Best regards,

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment