Wednesday, March 28, 2012

UpdateProgress slow to show even if DisplayAfter=0

Hi, I have an UpdatePanel with a bunch of buttons, checkboxes and combobox and a GridView. I also have an UpdateProgress set with DisplayAfter="0". Sometimes, when it's taking a while to process the data, the UpdateProgress doesn't show up for 2-3 seconds and then gets displayed.

Is there any reason why it wouldn't always show up instantly? Is the trigger to show the UpdateProgress sent from server or client?

I use this CSS style for the updateProgress, could this be the problem (using IE7)?

#UpdateProgress1 {top:50%;width:100%;position:fixed;text-align: center;background:#dd2;}
Thanks,
Christian

Is there any image in Update Progress..


No images. Here is what I use :

<asp:UpdateProgress ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server" AssociatedUpdatePanelID="UpdatePanel1"
DisplayAfter="0">
<ProgressTemplate>
<div style="height: 50px">
<br />
Loading data ...
<br />
</div>
</ProgressTemplate>
</asp:UpdateProgress>


Try to give a 100 value may be 0 is some default


Thanks for the suggestion, but itt didn't help. It just took a little longer to show :)


what browser r u using?


I tried both IE6 and IE7


Do you have mupliple UpdatePanels?

Do you have the latest ASP.Net AJAX 1.0?


I have a single UpdatePanel that takes most of the page and I have ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 that I downloaded about 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment