Monday, March 26, 2012

Updating and ASP Textbox from Server Side Script using AJAX Extensions

I've searched the web extensively and cannot find an answer to a question that I believe is simple.

I have an application running AJAX extensions so that scripts are run at server side. Everything works great. The problem I have is that based on selections in the script I need to base data to ASP.NET VB code behind to intergrate with an existing application.

Quite simply I want to update a hidden textbox then use that data to pass along to another asp page. I know how to pass the data once I get it to and ASP control. Just need to get it to the ASP side of the server.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

I solved my problem.

Make sure there is an Name tag on the textbox that you will be using to pass info to code behind

This will accept a value and display it.

<inputtype="text"id="textbox1" value="JavaScript JumpStart"runat=server>

If you want to use the value in the code behind file this is what you need.

<inputtype="text"id="textbox1"name="textbox1"value="JavaScript JumpStart"runat=server>

Note the addition of the name tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment