Monday, March 26, 2012

Updating Gridviews

I need to update a gridview with another gridview, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I've got the AJAX component installed and it looks easy, but I can't find the right combination to make it happen.

I want the 1st control to look like this on the page...

item1

item2

item3

then when I choose one of them, I want it to update the gridview beside it.

Right now, I'm playing with the selected properties, but don't seem to have much luck.

Can anybody help me with this? it works just fine with other controls, but not with the gridview. And I know there's just something simple I'm missing.

thx.

Hello,

I would suggest using nested update panel controls. Put the second grid in one update panel, and then put both grids in new update panel. Then just put the event on wich you want the second gridView to update to the triggers collection. Example athttp://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/overview/UpdatePanelOverview.aspx section "Using nested UpdatePanel controls".

No comments:

Post a Comment