Wednesday, March 28, 2012

UpdateProgress panel in a Gridview Row

Hi,

I have a linkbutton on gridview row that performs a function related to the row when it is clicked. I am trying to add an updateprogress Panel to each row to allow the user to know somethign is happening when button is clicked. I can not get this to work. in the row template I have the updateprogress panel and tied the event to the buton click on the row and basically all update panels in the rows show up and nothing happens when I click on a button. Does anybody have any ideas how to go about updateprogress in GridView Row?

Thanks,

Mo

Hi ,

From what I understand.

Why do you want dedicated UpdateProgress Panels for each row ? Cant just one Progress panel suffice?

If its a question of letting the user know which row is being updated, go with CSS / setLocation() to set the location of the Updateprogress Panel on the Page upon clicking the button

Thanks,

Phanatic


Hi,

The reason is wht you suggested. I have a progresspanel on top of the page but when a row is updated it may not be visible. I am not familia with CSS/SetLocation. Could you tell me more?

Thanks,

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment