Wednesday, March 28, 2012

UpdateProgress panel

I'm using the updateprogress panel on my pages and when its "running" it moves my grid down on the page, is it possible to show it in a pop up window or show it overlaying my grid?

In essence, when I'm showing my "Processing" I want it either in a pop window or overlaying my grid view some how. can this be done?

Hi IGotYourDotNet,

You can take a look at theModalPopup orAlwaysVisibileControl because I think these have both been used by people on this forum for showing update progress.

Thanks,
Ted

ok thanks, I'll take a look at them.

also I currently have it on the page running and when the page errors out it shows a javascript alert box and doesn't take the user tomy error page. Is there a way to not show the javascript alert box and take them to my error page with using the updateProgress?


IGotYourDotNet:

I'm using the updateprogress panel on my pages and when its "running" it moves my grid down on the page, is it possible to show it in a pop up window or show it overlaying my grid?

In essence, when I'm showing my "Processing" I want it either in a pop window or overlaying my grid view some how. can this be done?

If I'm understanding correctly, I think you can just put the contents of your updateprogress info inside of a div and set the z-index. Like this:
1<atlas:UpdateProgress ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server">2 <ProgressTemplate>3 <div style="z-index:100;position:absolute;left:10px;top:0px;">4 Loading...5 </div>6 </ProgressTemplate>7</atlas:UpdateProgress>

This will also position the progress at the very top left of the browser


I want it centered on the page, not in the corners of the browsers

IGotYourDotNet:

I want it centered on the page, not in the corners of the browsers

Just change the div style to this:

<div style="z-index:100;position:absolute;left:50%;top:50%;">


yeah i got it to work but I don't like how it looks. I'm going to look at the modal/popup to see if I can get that to work.

Also in using this, how can I still take my users to the error page (if it happens) and not show the javascript alert window like it currently does?


Hi,

I'm not very familiar withUpdateProgress, but if you ask this in the"Atlas" UI forum you should be able to find out.

Thanks,
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment