Saturday, March 24, 2012

Upgrade woes

I've installed the latest AJAX 1.0 package, but when I try to compile my project I get:

Error 102 C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\My Webs\Tasks\Default.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\My Webs\Tasks\Default.aspx 1 1 C:\...\Tasks\

I do a find in solution for 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions', and there are no results. What is trying to load this .dll?

Ok, if you have an older version and you upgraded, you need also to upgrade your web.config

This link will show you how:http://alpascual.com/blog/al/archive/2007/02/05/Manually-upgrading-any-project-to-ASP.NET-2.0-AJAX-1.0.aspx

Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment