Saturday, March 24, 2012

upgraded to new March ctp, having 2 menu creates js error?

Hi I just upgraded to march ctp...

1. Are there any scripts? I saw in another topic post talk about copying the new scripts, but I thought its all in the dll now, http module to provide the javascript right? there are no .js files right?

2. I have 2 menus.. i am getting this error often (not always) upon moving my mouse off the menu/tab:

A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line 220
Error: '0.cells' is null or not an object

I think it has something to do with the "Menu_Unhover" function for the menus, but I am not sure

First menu is in masterpage, second menu is tabbed and on a page that uses the ScriptManager and UpdatePanel

bump - this has been mentioned a few times.

It generates that error with a menu in a updatepanel.

If anyone knows how to fix the javascript to prevent this error as a workaround let me know.


I have not thoroughly tested, but I did this:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
//ScriptManager1.RegisterAsyncPostBackControl(ResumeWizardTabbedMenu);
ScriptManager1.RegisterControl(ResumeWizardTabbedMenu);
}

The idea came from this post:

http://forums.asp.net/1223652/ShowPost.aspx
ScriptManager1.RegisterAsyncPostbackControl(Menu1);

-chau


Hi everyone,

The Menu hover issue will be fixed in the April CTP of Atlas (soon to be released!).

Thanks,

Eilon

No comments:

Post a Comment