Saturday, March 24, 2012

Upgrading from atlas to ajax extensions 1.0

Hello

I have some projects wich I build in Atlas and are already finished and properly running on my server.

I want to updatethe server in order to runNEW asp.net applications using AJAX.

Question: If I upgrade mySERVER to Ajax Extensions, will my existing Atlas projects (wich I don't plan to modify) still run fine?

Thanks

Well,

As I remember that in Atlas, all the dlls are in the bin folder; and the new AJAX, everything is in the GAC. I don't think there will be a problem if you install AJAX on your server, because you don't even use it. And if you don't intend to modify anything, then don't bother installing Ajax on your server.

But if you do sometimes in the future, then you need to modify your .aspx pages including the Web.Config file;

The new one has more to offer ... ..... good luck ......


Please also refer to : http://ajax.asp.net/documentation/default.aspx?tabid=47

See section Migration Guides


No comments:

Post a Comment