Saturday, March 24, 2012

Upgrading a plain old ASP.NET Web Site to ASP.NET Ajax 1.0 RTM

Hello,

I have a plain old ASP.NET 2.0 website, which I'd like to update to use ASP.NET Ajax. I followedhttp://ajax.asp.net/documentation/Migration_Guide_CTP_to_RTM.aspx and updated the web.config file, but I keep getting ["Sys.Application" is null or not an object] script errors when I run the site. My site requires some custom config sections and a whole lot of external references so I'd rather avoid deleting my web.config and start all over. Is there any possible reason for ASP.NET Ajax not kicking in, how can I solve this? This is the first installation of ASP.NET Ajax on this machine (so no CTP or Beta has been installed before)

Kind regards,

Wouter

Did you add a reference to System.Web.Extensions for your website? Did you register any java script files you have with the scriptmanager?

No comments:

Post a Comment