Saturday, March 24, 2012

upgrading to Atlas 2.0

I upgraded a site to Atlas 2.0.
I now have a problem with an autoextender inside of a user control. In the user control, I am setting one of 6 textboxes visible depending upon the choice made in a dropdown list. Each textbox has an autoextender attatched to it. When the user starts typing, each autoextender calls it's own function in a web service and autofills the textbox.

This worked using 1.0 of Atlas with no errors

Now, When I browse to the page with the user control, I get the following error:
Assertion Failed: Could not find an HTML element with ID "CtlSearchLims1_txtStrain" for contorl of type "Sys.UI.Control" Break into Debugger?
Whether I click OK or cancel, nothing happens.

The ID of the Control is "CtlSearchLims1" and the first textbox on the control is txtStrain.
Every time I generate a postback I get the above mentioned message. For some reason, it is putting the control ID and the textbox ID together.

When I downloaded Atlas 2.0, I blew away the 1.0 download, so I either need to get this fixed or get a copy of the 1.0 download and go back to that version.

Thanks,

Faronwhere did you get atlas 2.0? since thereisn't even a 1.0 version. Atlas is still in beta and has a versionnumber like 0.0.0.0.0..0.0.0.0.1.2 or so.
So what do you mean? You upgraded from the March CTP to the April CTP?Or do you mean dat you upgraded from ASP.NET1.0 to ASP.NET 2.0?

I went from the previous version that has a Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll in the bin folder of 167 kb (2/3/2006), to the latest version that has a Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll of 1872 kb (4/6/2006).

I received no errors on the first version and it started failing when I moved to the current download of Atlas.

Faron


I went from the previous version (OF ATLAS) that has a Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll in the bin folder of 167 kb (2/3/2006), to the latest version that has a Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll of 1872 kb (4/6/2006).

Everything is on ASP.NET 2.0!

I received no errors on the first version and it started failing when I moved to the current download of Atlas.

Faron

No comments:

Post a Comment