Wednesday, March 21, 2012

URL rewriting not working with ATLAS ( AJAX 1.0 )

Hello All,

I am doing a URL rewrite with help of Scott Mitchell's URL rewrite module. I am redircting all requests from abc.aspx to abc.html. This is working fine for me on normal aspx pages.

But when I am using AJAX v 1.0 on one page. I am not getting the AJAX behavior when page is request by URL rewrite .

Example I have a updatepanel on xyz.aspx. When I access that page bu url http://mysite/xyz.aspx all is working fine. But when I access page by URL http://mysite/xyz.html (for URL rewrite to work ) . AJAX is not working.

Any Ideas ??

Thanks

An ASPX page only works when served through the appropriate ISAPI filter. By changing the filetype, you're actually changing how the server will handle the file. Open IIS, right click your application and choose "Properties" Click on the "Configuration" button under Application Settings section. Add an entry for .html that mirrors the settings found for .aspx. That should force IIS to treat your renamed .html file as an ASPX page.

Hope this helps,

-Tony


Hello Tony,

We are doing that. All extensions are configured to be handled by ASP.NET worker process.

I think I need to check web.config for Ajax web services.

Thanks for reply

No comments:

Post a Comment