Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Use BehaviourID to tell slideshowextender where to start?

Hi all, hope you can help with this. Can anyone tell me if it is possible (and if so how) to use the BehaviourID property to tell the slideshowextender where in the array of slides to start playing? Default behaviour has it starting at the first slide. I want to pass in the name of an image file into the Slideshowextender and have it kick-off the play back starting w/that image, allowing forward navigation (using next button) from that point and backward navigation (using prev button).

I'm betting/hoping/crossing my fingers that BehaviourID is the ticket.

Thanks!

David

Anyone wanna even try?


Is there a better way for me to ask this question? Is there something I can add to make it easier for folks to take a stab at it?


Hi David,

I think you are just a tiny step from finding the answer. Here is a short code snippet may help:

<script type="text/javascript">var slider1;
function pageLoad(){
slider1 = $find("ss1"); // ss1 is the behaviorID
slider1.add_slideChanging(onSlideChanged);
slider1._currentIndex = 1;
}

</script>


FYI... this worked for me, but I had to remove slider1.add_slideChanging(onSlideChanged);

yep... that did it... Thanks for the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment