Saturday, March 10, 2012

User control with UpdatePanel does not render at design time

Hi John,

This issue should be fixed in our next CTP.

Thanks,

Eilon


I have the july edition, but i'm still getting this same problem. Any ideas?

I hate to dig up old threads, but this is the lastest one I could find on the issue...

I've just installed Beta1 and I'm having a very similar issue. I have a MasterPage which contains the script manager. On one of my content pages I have a couple update panels with Calendar controls inside of them. Everything looks fine in Design view *until* I open my MasterPage. When I return to my content page the update panels have the "Error Rendering Control - Object reference not set to an instance of an object" message in them. The project still compiles and runs fine. The only way I have found to fix the rendering is to completely close out my solution and open it again. Any body know a fix for this? Thanks.


I take that back, I just have to close out the content page and open it back up. No need to actually close out the solution. Still an annoyance though. Any fixes?

No comments:

Post a Comment