Saturday, March 10, 2012

Usercontrol and AJAX

Hi Rafee,

It seems the basic logic of your code is alright. Please make sure you have ajax extension installed and theconfiguration is correct.

Hope this helps.


I still could not make it work. I could not just refresh the AJAX script inside the Usercontrol page. Any suggestions?

Thanks

-rafee


Can you show me a repro in detail?


Hi rafee,

Check, that on your master page Script Manager is there ?

or try to set UpdateMode of UpdatePanel ="Conditional"


Hi Chetan,

After adding UpdateMode="conditional" to the updatePanel I get this error on the page, although the page refreshes with the result (but Usercontrol doesn't refresh by itself)

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (typeof(Sys) === 'undefined') throw new Error('ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load.');
// -->
</script>

Do I need to include the scriptmanager in the MasterPage? (I think that is not a good idea, since I will be using this masterpages across the website).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

-Rafee


Hi Raymond,

I am using .NET framework 3.5 and the AJAX control that came with it.. May be that is the problem !. The user control I am talking about is the "Weather" portion of the main page ofhttp://www.thetruckersplace.com (currently I have removed the AJAX controls - since it did not work).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-rafee


Rafee,

As far as I can tell, the ajax application should work both in 2.0 & 3.5 without any changes.

I still suspect there is something wrong with your code or configuration.

Can you show me a stripped repro.


the problem is in the webconfig,

Open a new proyect and select a Ajax template, put the same code and its works.

No comments:

Post a Comment