Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Urgent Help: Update Panel and Form Templates? - Need to finish this week ends.

Hello

I am new to ASP .NET so just wanted to confirm.

I actually tried a lot in regular asp .net website to update my textboxes when selecting a value from dropdown list.

but no luck.

so is update panel better in these cases. and does this work without having to code..

because i have two weeks left to this one page. and i was stuck on updating values of text boxes, checkboxes fields when updating ddl. i have ddl inside the formview template.

so when using update pannel: ddl will be outside the formview template??

how does it work basically??

please help asap.

thanks a lot all.

looking forward for reply.

surbhi

Have you use the OnSelectedIndexChanged event of the DDL yet ? Make sure you set the DDL AutoPostBack = true

No. I dont know how to use that event.

I am new and using VB for coding ..

Dont know how to use C#..

How do i use findcontrol statements in vb?

help asap. i have to finish it this week..

Thanks

Surbhi


You would probably benefit the most by looking at tutorials online then waiting for people to reply. Questions about events and c# or vb.net syntax can easily be answered by searching.

Well.. Ofcourse I have been looking online as well.

Not finding enough information on how to use this event..

Meanwhile here is my vb code for ItemUpdating event..

I dont know where I am making mistake. Correct me.. and I am using Formview, Sql DataSource.

and DropDownList which has project numbers. I just want to display new values when I select a different value in DDL. I have AutoPostBack=true and AppendDataBound =True..

Here is the code:

Private

Sub FormView1_ItemUpdating(ByVal senderAs Object,ByVal eAs FormViewUpdateEventArgs)'Dim ProjectNameTextBox As TextBox = FindControl("ProjectName")'Dim FormView1 As FormView = CType(sender, FormView)Dim rowViewAs DataRowView = CType(FormView1.DataItem, DataRowView)Dim rowAs FormViewRow = FormView1.RowDim ProjectNameTextBoxAs TextBox = CType(row.FindControl("ProjectName"), TextBox)

e.NewValues(

"ProjectName") = CType(row.FindControl("ProjectName"), TextBox)

ProjectNameTextBox.Text = rowView(

"ProjectName").ToString()

end sub

No comments:

Post a Comment